Canadian laws regarding impaired driving have been in place for about 100 years. Over this time, these laws have evolved, in wording, interpretation and in enactment. Your task here will be to analyze the ways in which these laws have changed and to anticipate how these laws might continue to evolve over the next generation or so. Start by reading the document below on the history of Canadian impaired driving laws.
You will be creating a report or slideshow which is broken down into sections as follows:
1. Title page or slide with graphic or photo
2. Overview of impaired driving laws and their evolution in Canada
3.Technological pressures including vehicles and breathalyzers
4. Social pressures – changes in morals and values
5. Going forward – self-driving cars and legalization of marijuana
6. Conclusion – process of legal change over time
You will be required to refer to the course materials and to do some of your own research. You will need to include a properly formatted list of works cited.
You should use photos or graphics wherever they may help you to make or support your argument.